Areas of Internet Marketing
The internet has really grown over the last 20 years, and with it so have marketing opportunities. We understand that Internet Marketing & Digital Marketing can be confusing. So in this blog, we break down some popular components.
- Pay-per-click aka PPC (cost per click, CPC). Wikipedia defines it as advertising used to direct traffic to sites in which an advertiser pays a publisher when the ad is clicked on. Common forms of PPC is Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & LinkedIn advertising.
- Social Media Marketing can be free advertising for a business whereas, they make informational posts to inform consumers, clients, users, or prospects about the goings on of the business. In addition, they can include discounts, promos, links to their website or another. There is a lot of possibilities when dealing with free social media marketing. In addition to basic posting on Facebook, a business page can choose to “boost” their post, and choose different budgets, audiences, and time periods for their “boosted” posts to run for.
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO, can include off-site or onsite. Google defines Search Engine Optimization as, the practice of including content on your site that has the potential to improve your site’s visibility to search engines and their users – in other words, it can help your site show up more often in relevant searches. This can include the H1 & H2 tags and the meta description as basic starting indicators.
- Search Engine Optimization
- There are several key important areas within on-site SEO for a website, which include keyword strategy, keyword placement, content creation strategy & dissemination of information, and ways to measure conversions for business purposes. For example, a business may look to just drive traffic to their site to build brand awareness, or they may want people to fill out the contact us form to get more leads and business.
- Website Creation
- Having a clean, up to date website that not only looks functional but is up to the latest specs behind the scenes is just as important. Google as of recent has really put more emphasis on the user experience, i.e.: does your website look aesthetically appealing, does it load in a moderate amount of time, can users find what they are looking for, does it give them the relevant knowledge to the subject title listed on the page.
- Business Consulting
- Having a partner to lean on for advice is crucial in business. Whether you’re an entrepreneur with an employee base of 1, or you have 10,001, having the right partnerships and advisors in place is huge. Understanding traditional forms of advertising as well as the next best thing is crucial in reaching new clients and building a business.
Throughout this informational article, if you felt you aligned with one or several of the topics and are left wondering where to go next, look no further than a team who wants to help. We are Maltese Marketing, a specialized marketing agency looking to lend a hand. For a free consultation, please contact us! We are a small specialized marketing agency in Grand Rapids, Michigan, serving clients in 42 states in the U.S. and parts of Canada and Europe in SEO, Google Adwords, PPC, Digital Marketing, and Website Design.